Saturday, April 9, 2011

Weight Loss Challenge - Week 1

I came across this post and I thought how fitting for me since I wrote this post and this one!


Weight Loss Challenge

Running Backwards in High Heels and Mr. and Mrs. Smith are hosting an 8wk weight loss challenge.
My goals for these 8wks (and a lot of weeks to follow) are to go to the gym 4 times a week (between kiddos and schedules this is doable for me, just keeping it real).  I will cut out all diet soda which I should have already done, but man that's hard!! :)  And I will continue to watch what I eat and portion control.  

Another small change is I will park as far away from work, grocery store, etc... to get extra steps.  I might look into buying a workout video too for the days I can't make it to the gym.  Maybe I should also look into reading a good weight-loss book.  Anyone recommend one?  

For these 8wks, I would like to lose 10lbs.  I would love to say 15, but I don't want to set my goal too high.  Actually any weight I lose will make me very happy!  
And I'm hoping these ladies will help!
Here's to getting healthy!!!  :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for linking up with our challenge!

For a workout DVD, I definitely recommend Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred - it's a butt kicking workout and only 20 minutes!

Also, a perfect weight loss book is Candace Cameron Bure's "Reshaping It All". I loved it and high suggest that one!

Good luck with your weight loss. Can't wait to track your progress!

Melody said...

If you are a Cox customer they also offer some good workout videos on their On Demand feature. They are especially good if you only have 10-15 minutes.

Kelley said...

You are doing great! Your book choices look awesome. Hope you guys had a nice weekend.

Muffin Top to Smokin Hot said...

Your goals are doable! I've done the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred... if you've never tried it... the first day after your first work out you can hardly move! :) And beware of the caffeine withdrawal headaches... I had one yesterday and they suck!!!

Rachel said...

Ohh I really want to read the Candace Cameron book! Thanks for linking up!

Jenna Buettemeyer said...

thanks for the comment! fun that we live in the same town! what gym do you go to? good luck on your journey, ill be sure to follow along!