Monday, March 21, 2011

A Change Would Do You Good

I should first apologize.  
Don't you hate it when bloggers say they have an announcement, and then make you wait.  
Sorry for that.  

This is truly for me and me only.
I am putting this out there, because I want to be held accountable, and where else a better place than the internet.  

This is probably the most transparent post I've ever done.
But it's time, I have to do this!

Here's a little history...  I've struggled with my weight my entire life.
I've never known what it feels like to be thin.  
I was a chubby child and now an overweight adult. 

Because of this, I feel like I'm missing out on certain things in life.
Wearing a bathing suit, a tank top, sun dress, skirt, having inner happiness etc...
These may seem meaningless to you, but to an overweight person they aren't.  

And now the biggest is pictures with my boys.
I would love to have a family photo, but I know I wouldn't like one.single.picture with me in it.
You've probably noticed I seldom put a picture of me on my blog.
If I do, it's just a head shot or I'm hiding behind the boys.  
I'm ashamed. 

I have done diets before, and have lost 40+lbs, but I can't make the lifestyle change.  I always revert back to my old ways and gain it all back, and then some.  

I want to be able to keep up with my boys when they get older.
I don't want them to be embarrassed of their overweight mother.
I want to play with them and not get out of breath.  
I want to have energy.
I want to sleep better at night.
And I don't want to pass along bad eating habits.

So the announcement is I'm making a change.  We both are.
Kris and I are joining a gym today.
We are going to cook healthy.
We are going to pay attention to what we're eating.
Our goal... be healthy!  
Oh, and maybe be that hot couple too  :)  

I intend to give regular updates on how we're doing.
We need to be held accountable!  This is where you come in. :)
I've even thought about posting our starting weights, but I can't bring myself to do that just yet.
Maybe one day.

So thank you for listening.
I'm sorry to build your anticipation.
I just thought that would be a way to get your attention and then there'd be no turning back.

We appreciate your prayers and support.  :)


6 comments:

Beth said...

WAY TO GO! I want to join a gym too! You and Kris can do it!

Jacquie Wallace said...

YAY for y'all!! I'm excited for you. Let me encourage you to try to take some before pictures. Just for yourselves for now. One day, when you have lost the weight they will mean SO much to you. Seriously. I have mine.

I have been really bad with my eating lately and it's frustration that's keeping me in this mindset. I need to refocus. Maybe you being so transparent will help me to work harder!!

If you need any help... just holler. And...when you get a minute... go to www.bodyforlife.com. That program works and it's very do-able. They have before/afters and they have a contest every year - champions are shown. It's pretty amazing.

The Robinsons said...

you can do it! scott and i always feel like we need to set a better example for our kids when it comes to stuff like that. proud of you guys for taking that first step!

Kristen said...

That is so wierd b/c I just talked to James this weekend about this very thing. We have to get in shape and more than anything - be healthy! I warned him that he just had his last meal at McDonald's :)

Kelley said...

I am so proud of you for doing a post on this because I wasn't brave enough to. Before I had Mady, I worked with a registered dietitian, walked everyday and lost 45 pounds. When I got pregnant with Mady, I was the healthiest I had been in a long time. I didn't gain as much weight this time around. I put on the weight after I had her. I weigh as much now as I did when I was 9 months pregnant with MK.
I am disgusted. My adult life has been spent over weight. I would just like to be 150 pounds. I would be too embarrassed to tell you what I weigh now too. You have inspired me.

Summer said...

I am so proud of you girl! I know this was a hard post to post! The hubs and I are gonna start eating healthier once I get through this treatment and am cleared to excercise with my DM alot of physical activity causes me to flare that an my muscles physically wont let me do it! I can't weight to get off steroids and get my face back blech....

I think you are gonna rock this and I can't wait for you to post along the way how awesome!

Good luck chicka

xoxo
SUms