Friday, March 4, 2011

Show Us Your Life - Your Family

Today I thought I would participate in Kelly's Show Us You Life - Your Family

My immediate family consists of my dad Johnny, mom Rose and (older hehe) sister Beth.

My dad is the hardest working man I know.  He was born and raised in Dardanelle where they currently reside. He is the youngest of 6 and all his sibling's names start with the letter J.  I asked my Granny once about that, and she said she was just naming her kids, never realized.  HA!  My dad has been self employed as a dump truck driver for 38 years.  My hometown is so small that if anyone ever needed a load of gravel, sand, asphalt, they would call him.  :)  Needless to say, the dump truck(s) has been good to my family.  I have been in the back of the dump truck when the bed was completely raised - so fun! :)  My dad now has people working for him!  He has a total of 4 trucks, one of which he drives.  And will probably do so until he takes his last breath!  My dad is a hard working, Jesus loving, faithful church going, would give you the shirt off his back man.  I love my daddy. :)
{One of my favorite pictures.  Papaw with his first grandson, Jacob, in 2007}

My mom or momma as I call her is the best momma I could ever ask for.  She is from Punxsutawney, PA (home of the groundhog), however, made Arkansas her home in the 60s (right mom?)  :)  She is one of the most godly women I know.  She will stop whatever she's doing and immediately pray whenever I need her.  She is my go-to prayer warrior!  She is the best cook - she needs to teach me a thing or two!  She has a wonderful collection of antique dishes and could spot a 'Fire King' a mile away.  She is my voice of reason, I constantly ask her for advice.  She loves her family, she loves her Jesus and she loves those grandbabies, or little people as she calls them.  :) 
{Meme with Jacob on his birth day}

My sister Beth or my second mom as I know her is my best friend as cheesy as that sounds.  We are 21mos apart, so we've been attached at the hip since I can remember.  We lived together during our single days before we had husbands and now live only 5miles from one another and sometimes I think that's too far!  She has always looked out for me and my best interest.  She is one of the most personable people I know, she can make friends with a stranger.  We love to make each other laugh and have many inside jokes.  She is a faithful friend and a wonderful mother and aunt.  She is always there when I need her, I truly respect her opinion and she isn't afraid to give it. :)  I love having a sister and being so close.  I love you Bayeth (as I call her).  
{my sister with her favorite sister}

That's my crazy-lovin family. :)

2 comments:

Kelley said...

That is a great post! You have an awesome famiy! Hope you guys have a fun weekend!

Jacquie Wallace said...

I LOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEDDDD this post, Kimberley!

Your family sounds precious. You are very blessed indeed!