Friday, January 7, 2011

Chick Hicks

Jacob's current obsession is the movie Cars.
Yeah, we're a little late in introducing him to that movie, but that's OK.

His loves Lighting McQueen or as he calls him, Rookie, as well as Mater and Doc.
But he really loves Chick.

Before Christmas, he didn't have any of the toys.
My nephew Luke had a few, and he left Chick over here one day and ever since, Jacob was obsessed.
We kept reminding him that it was Luke's and we would have to give it back.  He was OK with that.
I told him I would have to go to the store and get him one, and for days he would ask me if I bought him Chick.  He asked so many times that he eventually turned his request into a command.  
As in, "mommy, go buy me chick."  HA!  

I searched high and low and finally found one (yesterday!) - thank goodness!
I surprised him with it after picking him up from daycare.  He was in heaven (because we had already given Luke's back).  Well this morning we were leaving for daycare, and I was putting Levi in the car and I shut the door and Jacob asked "where's Chick?"  And he pointed to the grill of my car.  
He put it in there!  

I popped the hood and couldn't see it, then got on my knees and looked underneath, still couldn't see it.
I said sorry Jacob, he's gone.  I said we'll get Daddy to look tonight.
He got the biggest tears in his eyes.  

I figured it would fall out once I got on the road.
Kris came home for lunch and he saw it, so I grabbed my camera. :)
{sorry for the dirty bumper}

We got it out, and it's now safe and sound.  
Actually it's in Jacob's car seat and I thought I would leave it there and surprise him when I pick him up.  :)

Oh, and I can't wait to take him to the movies to see Cars 2 this summer!  

3 comments:

Kelley said...

That is so cute! He was just helping your car drive faster! I like the way he thinks.

Jacquie Wallace said...

That's hilarious!! Bless his heart... he was probably so sad!

Shannon said...

Haha! Too cute!

I do make Westin's baby food and I will try to find that post.

I also LOVE wholesomebabyfood.com and weelicious.com. They are very helpful!