Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Very Heavy Heart

My sister Beth has a good friend, Kari, who is in her playgroup.  I've had the privilege of meeting her a few times and she's as sweet as can be. She met us at the movies a couple of weeks back when we went to see The Help - August 16th.

She has three boys - Gavin 5, Talbey 3 and Graham 4months.
Last Thursday, the 25th, Talbey was rushed to Arkansas Childrens' Hospital where he remains today fighting for his life.  

They had a hard time determining what was wrong with him and finally discovered it was Septic Shock.
He is now in a medically-induced coma.  The latest and biggest threat is circulation to his extremities.  His sweet little legs and toes are not receiving enough blood flow necessary and were wrapped by the Burn Unit to assist with circulation and help with infection.  Can you imagine?

My heart is hurting because I know Kari and I have boys.  They are living in a hotel room and fortunately have family helping with the other 2 sons, but since she is still nursing Graham, she is going back and forth a lot.  I know she is exhausted.  

There is a facebook page that a family member has created to post all the details.  God is answering prayers and precious Talbey is making progress, but its baby steps, and they are not out of the woods yet.  

I'm asking anyone who reads this, to please stop what you're doing and bow you head and pray.  
I know I'm not very specific in this post with all the details involved and I apologize, I just ask that you join me in praying that his little body be healed!  Amen and amen!  

Please also lift up Kari and Doug, they are tired... they are hurting.  They are holding tight onto their faith and giving God all the glory for all the small, but mighty improvements.

I took these pictures off the facebook page, just look at this sweet face.


Thank you joining me in prayer.

7 comments:

Beth said...

Thanks for posting this. God can heal him.

Kelley said...

Crying and praying for this family!

kimmie said...

Praying for this sweet little boy and his family...We serve a big God who can do Big things!

Jessica said...

Hi there, Kimberley! So nice to "meet" you! : ) Yes, the harlequin dining room was lots of fun. I prefer to be bold when I paint. Ha! My heart is so heavy for your friend Kari and her son. I simply cannot imagine the questions running through her mind and heart. I am trusting God to comfort this family. Thanks for stoppng by and leaving a comment. Take care!

Jessica said...

Praying praying praying for that sweet baby boy!

amywelborn said...

Breaks my heart, praying for him.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry i pray and think of him and your family all day love darlene rosenberger