Monday, October 29, 2012

Recent Phone Pics

Saturday morning Jacob's school had muffins with mom, dounuts with dad and granola with grandparents. 
He also got to paint a pumpkin. 
 
Meme and Papaw went with us. 
Normally Kris works Saturdays but he took the day off, so I'm glad he got to go with us.
you should've seen Levi running the hallways like he owned the place!
 
Afterwards, Jacob showed everyone where his classroom is.
 
This was outside in the hallway
 
I took Jacob to the dentist the other day.  He did OK, but did not like the taste of the toothpaste. 
The dentist, who has been practicing for 50yrs!, was the sweetest man.
 
I came upon this the other day and thought Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane was in town..
anyone born after 1980 may not know that reference
 
I have been letting my hair grow out forever, however, I'm not sure why.
I've always had short hair, but I also always wanted longer hair so I could curl and do fun things with it, even though I have zero talent when it comes to fixing hair.  I can barely manage a ponytail.  It's finally passed my shoulders and I thought I would try to use a curling iron on it.  
I have lots of practice to do!!!  I'm hoping to get better at it, so I won't be so tempted to chop it off. 
I sent this picture to Beth, my sis.  She commented on my awkward smile :)
 
 
Kris wasn't home when I did this, and wouldn't you know, when he got home it took about an hour for him to say something! 
 I kept biting my tongue, anxiously waiting. 
And I believe his comment was, "like your hair ladybug.  looks like Farah Fawcett."
:)


6 comments:

Cindi said...

I've never heard of Granola with Grandparents. How cute is that?!! Your hair looks GREAT! And if you got a Farrah Faucet comment, that's a VERY good thing. :)

Kelley said...

What a fun time Jacob's school provided! Love your hair! You did great with it!

The Crowder Family said...

I think your hair looks great! Too funny that Kris didn't notice for awhile...men! I'm not good with a curling iron, but I love using a curling wand.

Emily said...

I love your hair! The first picture fooled me because I just thought it was just below your shoulders, the back is really long! I grew mine out last year and got to the point where I just couldn't fix it! I chopped it off and now I regret it.. It would have been really long by now. I really wish I could find some really helpful hair tutorial videos!

Nina said...

Love the hair! I just figured out the curling iron in my 30's. don't know why it took me so long!

Nina said...

Love the hair! I just figured out the curling iron in my 30's. don't know why it took me so long!