Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pinterest Finds for Jacob

Pinterest is my latest addiction.
I've come across so many neat ideas for crafts and such.

Recently I discovered a couple of learning activities for Jacob and since he's starting kindergarten next August, I thought I would give them a shot.  No pressure, just peaking his interest.  :)

Lately he's been pointing to words and asking us what they say.
So when I came across this idea on Pinterest, I knew I had to make one!  
please don't judge my drawing skills, i clearly don't have any!  i wish i could free-hand and jazz it up a bit, i know it looks sad.  :(


I wasn't sure how to explain/teach/educate, but I said each word aloud on the top row, and seriously, after the first time, Jacob could repeat most of them.  And each time he got it right, he pulled a car into the spot.



He didn't like using just one car, so at one point the entire board was covered with cars.
So I then asked him to back out a car and tell me the revealed word.  And he could with minimal help!
Now I want to find these words elsewhere (i.e. book, magazine, packaging, etc..) and see if he can recognize them.  How fun!  :)

Next is a fun activity for the Christmas season!
Jacob's teacher at pre-k encouraged us to work with him on his cutting skills.
So when I came across this idea, I knew it would be perfect!
I made our version with a cupcake topper of Santa's face glued to an Excel spreadsheet that I cut to size.
It's not perfect, but it will work! ;)
After each day, he's to cut along the line.  Pretty neat, huh?  :)

Hopefully all of the hours time I spend on Pinterest will pay off! :)

1 comment:

Kelley said...

These are terrific ideas! He will learn so fast! This is a great way for him to start reading!