Wednesday, December 22, 2010

College Graduate - Bachelor of Science; Business Information Systems

Kris' newest title!  

This past Saturday was the commencement ceremony for John Brown University.

My mom was so nice to watch the boys while me and my sister Beth went to watch Kris take the stage. 

It's a small school, about 240 graduates so it was held in a brand new gym.

Can you see him?  :)

Beth was quick to point this out to me from the program.
I got a little teary-eyed.

So I figured if it's like high school graduation they would walk toward the left of the stage, so we headed to that section.  We had a prime view!  See?

I was so ready for pictures!
His row started walking toward the stage and I was in position.  HA!
At about 4 people in front of him I started aiming to take a shot then realized the battery was DEAD!
I immediately had a sick feeling in my stomach.  I freaked, ask Beth!
I was so close to crying.  I couldn't believe this moment was about to happen and I could not capture it, especially so close to the stage!  

Luckily, Beth whipped out her cell phone and was able to capture the only pictures of him crossing the stage.
I could barely cheer for him when they called his name, I was so sad.  
As soon as he sat back down, I texted him "dead battery".  :(
{he's on the stage and big screen - HA!}



So afterwards we met up and guess what, I suddenly remembered my little camera was in my purse.
Are you kidding me?!  Sheesh Kimberley, think!

I am so proud of Kris.
He is a wonderful example to our sons of going after your dreams even if it means sacrificing.
Speaking of dreams, at the end of the day he looked at me and said, "Masters?".  
Say what?!?!?

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

Congratulations to your husband!!! Education is the one thing nobody can take away from you.

Kelley said...

Congrats! That is so awesome! I am so proud for you guys!

The Robinsons said...

congratulations to kris on his accomplishment! merry christmas to you all!

Jacquie Wallace said...

How exciting for y'all! What an accomplishment.