Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Special Edition - Way Back When-esday


Timeline: 1996
Age: 22

Thank you to all the veterans who are serving and who have served our country. Kris entered into the Navy after high school and served 5yrs as a Marine Medic. I did not know Kris during this time, but he's got some great stories to tell. I am so proud of him for this accomplishment!!


I dug out some of his memorabilia from his Navy days.



Look how young he looks. As he would say, he's a hot mammer jammer. :)

He's so serious in this one.


His dog tags.

Badge


A couple of restaurants in town are letting veterans eat free, so we're going out tonight to celebrate Kris and his time in the military. We love you Kris!!!

Oh, and a BIG shout out to my brother-in-law John! Today is his birthday! Happy Birthday John! He's gonna kill me for posting this pic. :) The story behind this picture is it was taken a couple of days before my wedding, which John was in, and he emailed me this picture with the subject line "new look for the wedding". I did not want this fu manchu in my wedding album, so he got rid of it, thank goodness. :)

2 comments:

Pittman said...

I'm bringing that look back! And a big ole thanks to Kris for serving his country!

Kelley said...

Thanks for you sweet comments. We live in Russellville. The Baby is due in June.

We appreciate all of our soldiers and troops. Thanks to your husband for his service.