Sunday, March 7, 2010

7yrs ago today...

I met Kris.  We were both working at the Walmart Home Office in the same division, just had never officially met.  I knew who he was, and he knew who I was and we stalked passed each other in the hallways a bazillion times. 

One day a mutual friend said I know someone you need to go out with.  I asked who and he said Kris Key.  I said him?  :)  Long story short, we scheduled a double date on Friday, March 7, 2003. 

I was living with Beth at that time, and she had been dating John for about a year and they were both there that night to give me a hard time support.  I'm sure John was happy to see me go on a date so I didn't tag along on their dates anymore.  HA!  :)   However, Beth warned him and said if you date me, you date my sister.  LOL!!  :)  True.

Kris came to the door, rang the doorbell, I opened it up and he extended his hand and said, "hi, I'm Kris."  I remember that like it was yesterday. 

We went to Chili's for dinner, then to the movies to watch Old School.  Once we got back to my house, he walked me to the door and I purposely said next time I get to pick the movie.  Hint Hint! 

He called me first thing Monday morning at work and asked if I had a good weekend.  Brownie points for him!  :)

And we've been together ever since.  He proposed May 15, 2004, and we were married May 14, 2005. 

I can't imagine my life without him.  Love you Kris!!!

p.s.  I intended to scan some photos of us from the early days, but I can't seem to locate any of them.  I'm sure that would've been a good laugh.  If I come across them, I will post. 

No comments: