Saturday, February 28, 2009

My Week

So I started my new job this week. And I'm very thankful for this opportunity especially in this economy. The people have made me feel so welcome. It's a young group of people, and I'm excited to get to know them and make new friends. I need to ask if any of them have blogs. :)

There are just a couple of downsides with this position:
  • It's in Fayetteville off Dickson St, not an easy commute. I'm trying to find the shortest way. I drove 266.1 miles this week.

  • With the above mentioned, I have to take my lunch with me. This is definitely a first for me. I have been going home for lunch for almost 12yrs or out occasionally with friends. Hopefully I can adjust quickly.

  • Oh, and I'm now getting up around 5:45am. Yikes!

Luckily this is all temporary, because we are moving into a new office in Rogers off the Pinnacle exit come June 1st. The countdown is on!

Once I'm home and dinner has been cooked, and Jacob has been fed and bathed, it's practically time for bed. So I have been neglecting the blog somewhat. But hopefully I can find my groove soon. Hope everyone had a good week!

Jacob and I after a long week.


4 comments:

The Robinsons said...

i like that picture.

glad you like the people you work w/ so far. it's makes a huge difference. hang in there, june will be here b/f you know it. we can do lunch since you're so close!

Beth said...

I love it when Jacob lays on you like that so cute.

Karen said...

Cute pic. Congrats on the new job. I think you need to make a countdown paper chain like Kate has to mark the days until your office move!

Melody said...

What a sweet pic! I definitely agree with Karen, you need to have Beth make you up a countdown paper chain.