Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Makeover: Guest Bathroom

It's so nice having a handyman husband, because sometimes I'll look around the house and think, "hmm... what can we he update?"  :) 
 
Seeing so many DIY projects on Pinterest doesn't help either, yet it does! :)
 
it's impossible to get great photos of a hall bathroom - fyi
 
Here is the before.  Very bland flooring and dated cabinetry. 
 
 
Getting the tile up was no easy task.  Let's just say it was very loud and dusty for a couple of days!
Kris installed the same tile we used on our fireplace makeover
 
Jacob was such a good helper :)
 
We painted the walls Sea Salt by Sherwin Williams, stained the cabinetry and added hardware.
 
Ta da!
 
 
it's actually darker than this picture shows
 
I saw this idea and thought it was cute.  Take an old toy, drill a couple of holes and you have a cute toothbrush holder. 
It is the boys' bathroom after all ;)
 
And for side by side comparison
 
 
There is one tiny thing left to do ;)
I want to add a frame around the mirror. 
It's on the list of things to do and will hopefully get done soon!
Hint hint! :)


3 comments:

The Crowder Family said...

Wow! Everything looks great!! I love it so much! Kris did a great job! And I love the toothbrush holder--how clever! I may have to steal that idea!

Cindi said...

Eeek! All.simply.ah-mazing. Truly! I just love it!

Laurie said...

Bathroom looks great! You should have said hello. I don't want anybody to be chawed around me! ha!