Sunday, August 9, 2009

Weekend Recap

I was off Friday, so Jacob and I headed to Dardanelle to stay the weekend with Meme and Papaw. Jacob stayed very busy. He got to ride in Papaw's "big schwuck" (truck), ride the 4-wheeler, go up Mt. Nebo, go to their church, and lunch at Dixie Cafe. We are back home and he is still going non-stop. Here are a few pictures of our fun times:

While I was packing our bag, Jacob came across my pound puppy that I bought in 1986 with allowance. I slept with this puppy every night, finally broke myself of it once I got married. I ain't lying. It was so cute to see Jacob sleep with it. He was cuddled up with him (oh, his name is Clint from a former church camp crush) last night, I wanted to take a picture so bad, but I knew it would wake him up.


Finally in Papaw's truck. There's his little head peaking out.


It looks like he is puckering up here.


Reaching to blow the loud horn.


On his way to help Papaw change the oil.


One of many 4-wheeler rides.


Papaw in his sunglasses.
On our way to the top.

Walking around the visitor's center at Mt. Nebo.
And now running.

With Meme & Papaw and the beautiful view.


Another view.


Mother and Me. She got her haircut that day, very cute.


We saw lots of deer.


Papaw talking to a local.


The beautiful sunset.


How else to end the night but with a milkshake.

2 comments:

Beth said...

looks like you had so much fun! I love how much he loves your pound puppy. I did not know you bought it yourself or that you called it clint. I honestly thought you still slept with it.

The Robinsons said...

that's a great picture of him w/ the pound puppy. i had totally forgotten about those until now.