Sunday, January 4, 2009

Oh Happy Day!

OK, the laptop is back, and I'm ready to blog. Let's roll:


Of course my main topic is always Jacob, and I have a cute story to share. Tonight we were driving in my car and Jacob (who sits in the middle of the backseat) says "S", and then a few minutes later "E", and then later "N". Kris and I start looking around to figure out what he's referring to, and I see that he is looking straight ahead in the middle of the dashboard where there's a compass along with a temperature gauge. He was reading the direction we were heading! Silly boy.


We are also teaching Jacob on 'Calling the Hogs'. It is hilarious to see his interpretation.


And lastly, Jacob brings either Kris or I The Little Golden Book: The Story of Jesus to read to him multiple times a day. There's a page in there that talks about Jesus as a child entering the House of the Lord God with a picture of God himself. And every time we come to that page, Jacob starts waving and says "Hi Santa!". All he sees is the long white beard. When we were standing in line to get a picture with Santa, we kept waving to Santa and saying hi, hoping that would help Jacob get familiar with him before throwing him onto his lap. I guess it has stuck.

2 comments:

The Robinsons said...

kim
he is starting to look more and more like a little boy. no more baby!:(

he's so smart, maybe he can help me w/ directions.

Beth said...

he is so smart - he will be driving the car soon! LOve him so much!