Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

I had the best Mother's Day!
I woke up to two little voices telling me Happy Mother's Day.
(I need to record it so I can always remember that sweet sound)
 
Kris was paying attention a few weeks ago when I mentioned I love a cold pillow to sleep on.
Look what I got! :)  I love it!!  Makes me laugh!
 
I will always treasure the homemade gifts! 
From Levi...
 
And Jacob :)
 
Our church offered a free picture with your family.
After that was taken, I asked Kris to take mine with the boys.
could not love them more!
 
After church we met Beth and her family and a couple of other families for a picnic.
 
The 3 youngest siblings on the right were preoccupied to look up :)
 
I got the biggest gift of all today.
As you know, Jacob turned 7 in March.  He hasn't shown much interest in riding a bike over the last few years.  I think it bothered me so much because that's what kids do - ride bikes!  Finally he wanted to ride, and we were thrilled, however, we knew he had a fear of taking the training wheels off.
I honestly thought we would take Levi's off before Jacob's!
 
If I'm being honest, I bribed Jacob in taking his training wheels off last Monday.
As soon as he heard the words 'new toy' he was on board. :)
He did sooo good!  I was so proud of him. 
That was his only time this past week that he was able to ride.

I knew at our picnic today all the kids were bringing their bikes, and I wasn't sure if Jacob would be too hesitant to ride. 

But he rode like a CHAMP!!!  I was so proud of him!!  I even got a little teary eyed because my little man faced his fear head on that he's struggled with and my momma heart was so happy!!
Yea Jacob!!!
 
I also want to wish my wonderful, amazing momma a Happy Mother's Day and it's also her birthday today!!  Love you Mom!!!
 
p.s. I need to get more pictures of us together! 


2 comments:

The Crowder Family said...

Aww, love all of these pictures! I'm so glad you had such a great Mother's Day!! And way to go Jacob on riding a bike!

Emily said...

Looks like a great Mother's Day!!! I'm curious about that pillow... how does that sleep???