Wednesday, March 25, 2009

HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY JACOB!!!

**warning - long post**

Today is our sweet Jacob's 2nd birthday! We cannot believe it is here!! I have tears - some joy, some sad. Seems like just yesterday we were preparing for his arrival, and here we are putting 2 candles on his cake. He is truly a gift from God, and we are so blessed to have him as our son. I feel so lucky to feel this kind of love - a mother's love. My heart overflows for Jacob.

A note to Jacob:
Our lives forever changed on Sunday, March 25, 2007 @ 5:19pm. Kris & I became parents! You were just 1 day late, thank goodness, because I was about to pop. Your Aunt B & Uncle Kirk about killed me the day before taking me for a walk around the neighborhood. Who knew that night it would be your dad and I's last meal as a couple - actually we went out with your Uncle John and Kirk. Unfortunately, Whole Hog would make a reappearace the next day (sorry TMI!). We stayed up to watch SNL till midnight because your Dad's favorite NFL player (Peyton Manning) was hosting. (Sidenote: your dad wanted you born on the 24th because that is also Peyton's birthday). Off to bed quickly after that, and you woke me up around 2am with a feeling I knew "was just not right". I had officially begun labor! The most unbearable pains quickly followed, and stayed until 11am when I finally received an epidural!

A change of plans occurred around 5pm when I was told we needed a c-section because you were basically "stuck". I had no time to mentally prepare, but excitement escalated! I was wheeled off, and your dad soon followed. And before we knew it, the doctor was confirming "it's a boy!" I saw your sweet face for the very first time when the doctor held you above the sheet. That moment will forever be embedded in my memory. Your dad got to carry you to the nursery, but not before the nurse held you down to my face and I gave you a kiss on the cheek.

I wish I could have seen the look on everyones face as your dad was coming down the hall with you. I'm sure Kris was beaming with pride! After a very long 45min. post surgery recovery, we were finally reunited and I got to hold you for the very first time! Tears of joy were rolling down my face, as they are now as I relive that moment.

The last 2 years have been amazing, unpredictable, trying, joyous, but most of all, a blessing! We love you Jacob more than you'll ever know. I hope we are the parents you want, need, deserve. You make us smile and laugh everyday, and we are excited to watch you grow into a wonderful young man.

I also wanted to list 25 reasons (since you were born on the 25th) why we adore / love / enjoy you:


1. your big smile
2. your eyes
3. your lashes for days
4. your growing vocabulary
5. when I pick you up and you lay your head on my shoulder
6. you always bring us a book to read, and you insist sitting in our lap
7. how you say "tight" when you give hugs
8. if we're sitting on the floor, you see our lap as a prime opportunity for a chair, and you back yourself in - always
9. if we whisper, you whisper
10. you love to do roll call, and go down the list of everyone you know
11. when you say "honk honk" when squeezing our nose
12. your love for all things Elmo
13. the way you smell after a bath
14. you still let me grease you up like a little piggy with Baby Magic Lotion
15. your curly locks after a bath
16. when you want us to pick you up, you reach out both arms with your wrists turned in
17. you adore your Meme & Papaw
18. you know the alphabet, can count 1-10, and know the colors blue, red, green, yellow
19. the biggest smile you give us when we pick you up from daycare
20. you pucker up for every kiss, especially with Aunt B
21. the littlest things excite you
22. you say “tank you” and “peas” – such a thoughtful boy
23. your soft skin
24. your sweet soft voice
25. your big heart

WE LOVE YOU JACOB!

3.25.07


3.25.08



3.25.09

4 comments:

The Robinsons said...

awww. happy birthday, jacob! can't believe he's already two. we can't wait to see what year brings.

Karen said...

Awwww, how sweet! And I love the little note ou wrote to him!

Happy Birthday Jacob!

Beth said...

that is the sweetest post. I have tears...streaming down my face! I love that little boy. I love his big smil and when he goes to give me a kiss...like we are making out! Happy Bday Jacob!

Melody said...

Happy Birthday Jacob! I can't believe you are already 2 years old.